![]() |
| Promotional poster for the ride |
The reason I didn't do the right this year is simple, I'm a fat bastard. Not that I've been this skinny guy the past four years, far from it I've been a fat bastard now for many many years, but in previous years I've managed to lose some weight prior to the ride taking place but this year I found myself putting on weight instead. I still went down to show my support but I found myself leaving the ride a little disappointed that I didn't take part and saying to myself 'next year next year'.
I spent the rest of the weekend thinking how I need to lose the weight, whilst at the same time gorging myself on the usual crap I eat. Then on Monday I stepped on to the scales and shocked myself when I saw that my weight was at 21st 6lbs, in other words 300lbs.
At 300lbs, it means that I weigh more than say a most rugby forwards or a WWE wrestler or even a giant panda, that's crazy. So I decided at this point then I need to get my act together a lose the weight, once and for all.
So my mission is to lose 100lbs by Christmas this year, hence the title of this blog, which I know is a very ambitious target given Christmas is only 6 months away but I think I need to be very ambitious with my aim as I rather be happy with losing close to 100lbs than thinking my missions complete at say 50lbs.
In fact I weighed myself this morning and I've dropped 5lbs since Monday, so only 95lbs to go. I don't know as yet how I'm going to lose that 95lbs, only that I plan on blogging the different things I try over the next 6 months.



No comments:
Post a Comment